Common Car Services
• Brakes- Brakes need their pads replaced once they have worn down. Your brakes should be inspected during a full car service, so that you know an estimate of how many miles are left before you need to change them.
• Tires- Your tires should be properly inflated, inspected for proper tread depth, rotated if needed, and balanced during full service maintenance. Any further services like an alignment may require a shop that specializes in tires and suspension.
• Oil- An oil change is one of the most basic parts of a vehicle service. Assuming an oil change has not been done within the last couple of weeks, all full service maintenance should include an oil and filter change.
• Fluids- All fluids should be checked and topped off. These include the transmission fluid, coolant, brake fluid, and wiper fluid.
• Battery and electrical- The battery should be visually inspected at the least to ensure that corrosion and build up is not encompassing the battery terminals.
• Drive belts- Drive belts should be visually inspected for signs of cracking, fraying, and other signs of failure.
• Electrical- Any turn signal, headlight, or other exterior bulb that is out should be replaced or diagnosed so a repair can be made.
No matter what you drive, full service maintenance should always mean that you’re ready to hit the road once you leave. This includes your car’s fluids, tires, belts, brakes, electrical components, and anything else that is needed. The technicians you hire to perform your services should be qualified, give you a full description of the work done, a list of the inspections performed, and be able to quote you a price before the services are done. If you are looking for good car service deals, consider a Citroen service plan. Citroen service centre in Aylesbury is your local source for professional car maintenance and services.